Friday, July 1, 2011

Things

Thing the first: thank you all so very, very much for your wonderful comments on the last two posts (and all of them!). I love, love, love reading them and want to respond to them all, but don't yet have a very good way to do that. So for now, just know that I read them all and love them all. And for those who read and don't comment, I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by our little blog and take a look. John and I set it up basically to document things for ourselves and decided that if we picked up any readers, that would be a bonus. We love the bonus. :) John's still around, by the way. He has loads of fishy news (and pictures of baby fishes!), but he's been busy bringing home the bacon and taking care of said fishes and making room for me at his place.

Thing the second: a couple weeks ago I posted about packing for a trip and realized that I was probably being confusing last post because I'm packing again. This time I'm packing to move. I hate it, but I'm excited to be moving to a bigger place and in with my guy.

Thing the third: I finished it!

Cutie Pie


Pattern: Vesper by Heidi Kirrmaier
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy
Needles: US 4
Project Page

After more than a year languishing, not beside the couch as I think I first reported, but rather in a box I used to block the bunnies out of the living room (it was pretty well covered in rabbit hair), needing only pleats and a few rows of sleeve, it's done! The finishing is almost shameful, really, but I figured I'm the only one who will notice. It also hasn't been washed and blocked, so the drape isn't draping yet and the edges are curling and it's a little tiny bit smaller than it will end up, but you get the general idea.

I don't have much to say about it. The pleats were a pain. I would suggest doing a provisional cast-on around the neck and pleating last the knit way instead of the sewing way (as my Ravelry friend roko did), but that changes the character of it a bit. I'm really happy with it and suspect I'll be wearing it a lot all year long. Hempathy is so fantastic! It's kind of scratchy and stiff to knit with, but once it's washed and worn, it's wonderful! I have another project I knit with it (also one of Heidi's patterns) and I wear it ALL THE TIME! Heidi's designs are great too. She turned me on to the joys of positive ease in garments.

Thing the fourth: John and I finally got to enjoy his Valentine's/anniversary present to me last night. He took me to see my all-time favorite musician and entertainer, Keith Urban! I have never and am confident that I will never see a musician who can put on a show like Mr. Urban. I've seen a LOT of artists live, so that's saying something. He's so lively, passionate, spontaneous, charitable, and honest! I've seen him three times now, every time was distinctly different, and this time was the best because I got to share it with John. You can't beat that. :)

Head over to Tami's blog for more FO-Friday posts!

6 comments:

  1. Your top is gorgeous! Well done for finishing it! I can imagine it will go with lots of things and looks really comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top! I will have to believe you on the hemp since I doubt I will ever use it. I just can't see torturing my poor hands. Give me alpaca!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is soo pretty and looks great!!! Good luck with the move. Sounds like you had an awesome time at the concert too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful top - I love how simple but yet elegant it looks, & love the great edging, too. I'm here from Tami's Friday FO! (I often never know how to reply to comments on my blog, either. I know I can reply by email, but I often accidentally delete them because I get so many spam comments on my site, I often just delete them all thinking they are all garbage & not "real" comments. I try to hunt down people but it's hard, and there's not always enough hours in the day!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable top :D I love it. Looks really good on you, too!

    I found your blog on ravelry :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!