Friday, September 23, 2011

A Burst of Spring

Did you miss me? I hope so. :)

Milky Way


Pattern: Cladonia by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Holiday Yarns FlockSock in Milky Way, Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Lettuce Leaf
Needles: US 7

Project Page


I've loved this pattern for quite a while. I haven't seen an unattractive one, in fact. Even though I've never fancied myself a shawl person, I thought, since I was tired of making socks with my sock club yarn, I'd try a shawl. As you can see, it was a good decision. :) I hadn't intended to use the same colors as the pattern, but my stash treated me well. The Madtosh I got from someone's stash on Ravelry. It had some spots that looked like an animal chomped through one of the plies, so I hope it wears okay. I fixed it where I could, but not every time.

I knit this whole shawl English style (I'm a super fast Continental knitter) and it came out so light and airy, that I've decided all of my shawls will be knit English! The pattern is really simple and mindless (even the lace section was pretty simple), so I knit it on the bus going to and from school. It took me a bit longer to finish it between the English and only knitting on the commute, but it's done and wonderful. My only complaint is that the picot edge took quite a while, but it's so pretty that I can't really complain.

I'm swatching for another shawl (don't call it that, though, or John won't wear it!) today. I'll update you Wednesday (if I have time. School....).

Head over to Tami's Amis for more FO Friday posts!

14 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful - I love the colour :)

    I didn't realise that knitting English would give a different finish though - I knit everything English but I'd love to be able to do both

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful - i really hope it does last

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very very pretty, I love the colours! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous!! I love the colours you chose and the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did miss you, in fact! lurvly shawl! i've been loving the recent explosion of striped shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That's on my list to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful, I love the colours and the pattern. I had no idea that knitting english would give a looser finish, you learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all too kind! Thanks everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhh!!! Love it!! Seriously...this looks amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOO so pretty. I saw that and I immediately felt like a little kid and wanted to grab it and run my fingers over it . It is soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!