Friday, December 2, 2011

I Thought Today was Thursday

Oh no! It's already Friday! Where did this week go?! That's okay, though. I'm ready for Friday. As of this moment, I have completely finished two of the five projects I set out to complete this week. Rocky Coast will be done tonight, Peabody will most likely be done tomorrow, and Willoughby (as I suspected) might have to wait until next week. I will do a Work-in-Progress Demolition Week wrap-up post on Sunday with all the goodies.

Anhinga is in the washing machine right now, as it needs a really good block (and maybe a good yarn-killing if the block isn't enough), so its FO post may have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime:

Christmas Stocking


Pattern: Drifting Snowflake Stocking by Marinda Lariz
Yarn: Dalegarn Heilo
Needles: US 7
Project Page


This project is a commissioned project for a regular client. I knit a baby bunting and baby hat for her last year and now the baby needs a Christmas stocking. She was not too worried about the pattern as long as it was 18" and skinny. We both thought this one was cute. She picked the colors in Dalegarn Heilo (none of us at the shop know how to pronounce this. Do you?). I've never worked with it before. I rather like it! It knits up really unevenly, but blocks like a dream.

I didn't mind the pattern too much, but if you ever use it, be aware that the cuff directions make absolutely no sense at all. I tried to follow them and ended up with a weird mess. From the pattern pictures, it seems you are supposed to start knitting the CC in reverse stockinette, which might help the loop directions make sense, but it never says to do so. In fact, it says to switch to CC and knit 8 rows, or something similar. When I ripped back and tried again, I realized I would have to modify the cuff to get the name on there anyway, so I sort of made up my own cuff as I went. It works for me.

Overall, it's pretty cute. I hate intarsia, so will avoid it (and probably stockings in general) in the future, but the finished project looks pretty cute in spite of the unpleasant technique. :)

Head over to Tami's blog for more FOs! Come back here tomorrow and/or Sunday to see more of them here too! :)

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of the stockings my mom knit. I wish i still had them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea. I would love one with my name please!

    http://villy-k.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!