Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm a Very Neat Monster

We're back! I intended a WIP Wednesday post, but we vegged after getting home late and completely lost the whole day. It was nice. :) I'll tell you all about it Monday! I got some souvenirs at Churchmouse Yarns & Teas, too, so I'll have to share those as well.

I did finish a project to share with you!

Dexter Socks


Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Solids in Real Black and Rainy Days & Wooly Dogs Laudanum-GothSock Self-Striping in "I'm a Very Neat Monster"
Needles: US 1
Project Page

I got the GothSock in a swap I did with the Dexter Lovers group I'm in on Ravelry. It was a fun swap and this Dexter-colored sock yarn is so delicious! It's 80/10/10 Merino/Cashmire/Nylon and it is sooooooo soft and squishy! I've been eyeing Madelinetosh's 80/10/10 in a neutral colorway for a cowl and this sock yarn has only made me look harder for it because it's so nice. I could live in 80/10/10!

I just made up the sock pattern as I went. It was my first time doing contrasting toes and heels. I don't know why I was so apprehensive about it. It worked out perfectly! I think I cast on 12 stitches, increased to 60 and did a short-row heel. There are 12 stripes between the toe and heel and the heel and cuff. The toe, heel, and cuff are done in the Heritage.

The colors in the orange stripes are awesome. There's bright orange, bright pink, light purple and other complimentary colors. The black stripes aren't wholly black, either. The color is very dynamic. It was a pleasure to knit and watch change!

Head over to Tami's Blog if you want to read more FO Friday posts! I'll tell you a little about the trip on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I miss Dexter in the early days, such a great show. I also love these socks, the striping is great, although I think that striped socks are pretty much the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! On both counts! I need more striped socks in my life.... :)

      Delete
  2. Dexter socks! Love it. One of our fave shows.
    Great colour on the socks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!