Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sit Down, Stash Up

This weekend completely wiped me out! A comp (I passed!) and movie on Friday, a road trip to a yarn shop with friends on Saturday, lunch and an art festival Sunday, and work, errands, and grilling with the boy Monday...and I'm beat! I want to camp on the couch for the rest of the week and knit, but I've got research and a paper to start at the office tomorrow. It'll be fun, though. :)

I'm not too tired to share my yarn acquisitions from the weekend, however! They'll have to sit in the stash for at least a month, but I'm itching to cast on some sweaters. Unfortunately, I think I'm 100-200 yards short of yarn for each of the sweaters I bought yarn for, but not enough people have knit them and precisely recorded their yarn consumption yet for me to know for sure. :/ Cross your fingers!


This is some lovely Certified Organic Merino Worsted from Swan Island. I think it's destined for Levenwick. I have a plan for finding the missing 100 yards since this yarn in the colorway is pretty much impossible to find.


I've never bought yarn like this before, so I'm super excited. It's hella squishy! I'm going to make Exeter and I'm going to make it work, short or not! I might not be short of yarn. I don't know how many yards I have, but the weight is a bit light. Again, fingers crossed! I'm going to live in that sweater come winter, I just know it!



And finally, I caved and bought some Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight. Very few shops carry it. The Fold is one. It is wonderful!

 It seems a lot of people have been replenishing their stashes recently. Are you one? I want to know what you got!

All right, I'm spent. I don't know if I'll blog tomorrow. I haven't started anything this month and my Rams and Ewes isn't much further along (I do have a ram row now, though). We'll see. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are super busy, but at least it sounds like you have having a great time! I love, love, love all of the yarn you bought, it is all very unique and high quality. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed! :) Thank you! I'm soooooo excited about all of it!

      Delete
  2. i love the fold! (i need to bring jill there!) i squish the socks that rock every time i'm there, and more often than not, i buy a skein, too! your sweater choices are lovely, can't wait to see them get knit up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great shop! We petted the sheep. It made my day. :) Jill would love it!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!