Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blog 'N Run

A quick update before I'm off to class.


Look! I have the beginnings of an Exeter right front! Yay! It took me two or three hours to wind 9.7 oz of yarn by hand (O.O), but I didn't have too much trouble and now I can knit from it! Yay! I'm praying that I have enough from the right front and both sleeves. I should, but we'll see.

That's all I'm going to show you, but there will be at least one baby item on Friday. I'm hoping to finish my sample knit by Monday so I can ship it, too. It just needs sleeves and finishing. I never know if I can show it to you. I'm tempted. It's pretty and published, so...maybe?

For more WIP Wednesday posts and Summer Sweater KAL posts, go here and here, respectively.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start to me! I'm surprised that it didn't take longer than that to wind actually, woah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What great suspense - will you get done with Exeter by the end of the KAL? How many items will you really have done on Friday? :) Great job, and I hope you complete this one by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so much suspense! I doubt I'll get done in time, but I'm trying!

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds like you are doing a lot of knitting! Winding yarn by hand is a long long process isn't it? I may put a ball winder on my Christmas list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way more than I should be knitting, I bet! I have a ball winder, but it's not big enough and I couldn't wait to take it to the yarn shop. :) You should get a ball winder!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ness,
    Nicole from cocoknits here. Could you send me your contact info at nicoledupu@gmail.com ? I want to send you that little handmade something from my "Craft it forward" giveaway. Hope you're having a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!