Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Casting On and On


I've been knitting like I'm still on break, but I'm not anymore, so the knitting should slow soon. That doesn't mean it will, I'm just saying it should. I cast on this legwarmer Monday night. I'm kind of crazy about it. The color is phenomenal! It turns my fingers a little pink, but that's to be expected with such a rich color.


And last night, I decided John needs the mittens he asked for last week sooner rather than later. He certainly could have used them this week! It was 13 degrees yesterday! I don't know what the wind-chill was. He's been wearing the scarf I knit him about a year ago (finally!), so he's finally convinced I am pretty good at knitting for him. Hence, the mitten request. He was a little put off by the fact that Jane Richmond was modelling them (he wants boy gloves), but once they are done, he'll forget all about it.

Do they look like a mess? You should see them now! :S When a little voice in your head says, "Wait, this needs to be a center-pull ball, which won't work very well wound around your hand. Take it up to the swift and winder before you wind anymore..." listen to it. I'm knitting these two-at-a-time because I have to (no US 6 dpns). When I tried to knit the legwarmers two-at-a-time, it ended in disaster. These look like they are going okay, yeah? Besides the mess, I mean.

Do you have this weird January startitis too? I think I'm a little afraid that it's going to warm up a lot very soon and I won't have time to knit and wear winter things anymore. Please tell me I'm being silly. You must realize I'm not showing you even half of what I have on the needles. Maybe next week I'll be brutally honest. It'll be good for both of us. :)

For more WIP Wednesday posts, go see Tami!

5 comments:

  1. Confession being good for the soul? I think I need to cast on some boot cuffs to wear with my new boots! Something quick to overcome the unending other projects on my needles. Love the legwarmer yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting to see all your projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those legwarmers look really cute, and I love the rich color. So far my startitis has only gone as far as drooling over patterns and thinking that I can get them all done this year because there's so much of it left. I've managed to avoid casting on...so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yarn for, maybe, ten sweaters in my queue and I know I'll only finish a few more before its miserably hot here. But I'm determined to knock out at least five more before being distracted by summer knits. I've just made peace with the fact that I love making sweaters that i cant wear as much as I'd like. Maybe we will move to a colder climate one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!