Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

My WIP this Wednesday is getting home to my boy and my bunnies! I'll be home this afternoon after a lunch/knitting date with a new friend in Nebraska. I need the knitting date because I haven't knit a stitch since Sunday. My plane-ride-knitting ambitions were thwarted by naps and sudoku. *fistshake!* My staying-with-Grandma-knitting ambitions were thwarted by naps and a new toy. I'd be blogging from it, but it doesn't steal internet as well as my laptop. :P I've said too much....

Since I have no new knitting to show you, I'll show you some really cool pictures I took at the National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming last weekend.





If you ever find yourself in Jackson (which you should do: it's gorgeous all year and really, really neat) in the winter, take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the refuge. See the brown specks in the background of the third photo? Those are the female elk (cows). That is probably less than one tenth of all the elk-dots we saw in the landscape. We rode through a group of bulls which were closer to the sleigh-depot, but you might get to see a boat-load of cows up close if you're in the right place at the right time. I had a blast.

I hope you had a great New Year's Eve! I fell asleep at 10:30 watching Carol Burnett with my grandma. Certainly you had more fun! What did you do to celebrate?

I have FOs lined up at least through the end of the month, so I'll see you Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty photos! I to fall into the Sudoku on the plane trap, I wish they would stop putting them in the back of those weird magazines. You have to be exhausted after all of this traveling! Also, I would definitely be up to knit along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sudoku is so addictive! Yay! I'm excited to KAL with you. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!