Friday, January 25, 2013

More Mitts!

Between the Branches


Pattern: Branching Out Mitts by Hannah Fettig from Coastal Knits
Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist in Black Pearl and Natural
Needles: US 2 and 4
Project Page

I finished these a couple weeks ago and haven't had a chance to share them yet! I haven't really worn them yet either, though. They are alpaca, so super soft and super warm. I wasn't sure I would like the length, but I love it! My fingers will be toasty and my fingertips will be free. :)

The pattern is good, but fair-isle flat is not my favorite. I actually have learned that what I thought was intarsia is flat fair-isle. That doesn't mean I'm going to rush out and try intarsia again because I know I still won't like it. :P Otherwise, the pattern is awesome! They fit great! I will steam this eventually to get the branches to sit a little flatter in the fabric, but I'm happy overall.

I somehow managed to miss a row of the chart on the left mitt, so ignore the gaps in the branches. I have to go back and duplicate stitch a little bit. :)

For more FO Friday posts, go to Tami's blog!

2 comments:

  1. Ah how pretty! I love the alpaca halo too, it makes the mitts look even more warm and pretty. I have no idea how all of those colorwork techniques different and honestly I don't care if a mix them up just so long as the turn out nice in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and they look really soft. Now that I think about it... I don't think I've knitted fair-isle flat either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!