Thursday, February 14, 2013

The End of 2012

I think this is my last 2012 project.

PMG Socks


Pattern: Pointelle by Cookie A. from Knit. Sock. Love.
Yarn: Cascade Heritage
Needles: US 1
Project Page

I started these in June. Socks don't usually take me six months. I was probably distracted by any number of other knitting projects. :) For the record, I don't recommend you put down Cookie A. socks for any extended length of time. I had a hell of a time trying to figure out which row I was on in the lace charts when I got back to it!

Aside from the fact that I was knitting charted lace socks in black yarn, I mostly liked knitting this pattern. I'm learning that I'm just not a complicated sock kind of person. They are incredibly interesting, beautiful, and  just plain genius, but if I can't haul it around in my purse and knit it for five minutes on the bus without dragging a book and a cone of silence along with me, I don't really see the point. John's really the only person who sees my socks and he's only so appreciative. :)

All told, they were pretty fun to knit. I made a pretty major mistake in the second sock by putting the heel on the front of the sock. I didn't realize it until I was at the toe. John said it looked fine, but I knew it would forever haunt me, so I ripped back to the heel, discovered I don't read so good, and fixed my stupid mistake, haha. I wear them a lot! I might not always wear them on the right feet (another peeve I have about fancy socks), but I do wear them a lot. The Heritage is totally awesome, too. I haven't yet met a Cascade yarn I don't like.

Here, I'll sneak in my last January knit as well! It's just another pair of 70 Yard Mitts in Vintage. Not much to tell that I haven't already. They haven't turned a fuzzy mess yet, though!


I sound so snarky today! I guess I better go knit! :) I'll have a fresh new project for you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love the socks! I've been wanting to knit lace socks for years but I have to admit that socks are usually my quick on the go knit... whenever I wait in line for a couple minutes, I pull out my sock project bag and knit a couple of rows. Though I just got 6 beautiful cookie A sock patterns for free (from a German magazine... I hope I can deal with German knitting patterns lol) so I miiiight start a pair of lace socks soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are pretty! i'm relieved to hear that i'm not the only one who finds cookie's socks to be a bit intimidating. i don't expect to need the pattern at every point of knitting, so it can be frustrating when projects aren't repetitive enough to allow me that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!