Monday, April 22, 2013

Where's the Sorting Hat When You Need Him?

It's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week! School has suddenly become nearly unbearable, so I can't promise I'll keep up with it, but I will try very hard. :) I will also find a way to get the big post I promised Friday in this week (this is a thing that happens when I make promises, in case you haven't noticed :P).

Now, if you're a first-timer to the Bunnies and Bettas blog: welcome! Thanks so much for stopping by! We hope you like our little space. I'll try to get some bunnies in here so you can get the whole adorable, fuzzy experience, but I know better than to promise bunny participation. We're down to only one betta these days, but maybe I can get an angelfish to appear, too.
--------------------------------
Today, I'm supposed to share with you which of the four crafting houses I fit into. I've been mulling this question over for quite a while. I'm going to rely on my readers and friends to help me decide officially, but I do have an idea. Here are the choices:

The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.

The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.

National Geographic
At first, I thought House of Bee, because, well...look at my WIPs bars on the right! But my finishing rate is quite high and I do have incredible self-control when startitis sets in. I've settled on House of Manatee. It might mainly be because I love manatees, but I do also think that I'm a really laid-back crafter. I don't get bent out of shape if something goes askew and, though I am a very quick knitter, I do thoroughly enjoy a large project that takes some time from time to time. I'm not always drawn to new and interesting techniques, mostly just whatever I love to knit, even if I've knit it many times before. I also don't strive for perfection and beauty, though I do want my knitting to look mostly polished once it's done. Manatee has to be the perfect fit.

Take for example Falling or You, Me and the Moon. Neither is terribly flashy, the second wasn't terribly fast, and both are extremely cuddly. I'm all about easy-to-wear and good-for-lounging knit garments. :)

I do like to indulge in flashy knits from time to time, but nothing so difficult that it forces me into a vacation from from knitting. Knitting is a vacation!

For more Day 1 posts, just Google the tag 4KCBWDAY1. You'll see every post from every participant. It's a great way to find new blogs to read or to reconnect with those you might have read last year. I hope to be back tomorrow (and to see you back too)!

1 comment:

  1. I love the coziness of manatee knitters :) Those sweaters look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!