Friday, March 4, 2011

Finished Objects

I has them!  Just not any pictures!  YET!  I was all excited to update you with my two latest projects, but as I sat down to write this, I realized I haven't woven in the ends on one or sewn buttons to the other and, therefore, have no pictures of either!  I have loads of good news, though:

Shibuiknits Merino Kid
1) I've finally, officially, and wonderfully figured out my camera and have some great in-progress photos for you.
Mitts
Here we have a sneak peak (pre-camera figuring out and button band redoing) of my cousin's adorable cardi, some fingerless mitts made from Bunny Swap handspun and leftover alpaca, and a scrumptious pile of yarn that's been staring me down for weeks.  I can't start the sweater just yet, though!  Soon.  Very soon.

2) I received a delicious delight in my mailbox yesterday afternoon!
I joined a sock club on a whim.  I don't knit socks.  I don't feel any desire to do so.  BUT when hand-dyed sock yarn (my favorite kind of dyed!) meets space photography (my favorite kind of photography!)...who am I to refuse!  Here it is: Holiday Yarns' first Stellar Sock Club kit!  Isn't it beautiful?!  It came with a pattern and some stitch markers.  I don't think I'll use this pattern, but I haven't decided yet.   I can't wait for next month's installment!
Orion's Nebula

3) John's little bettas are really growing up big and adorable (and I have some super pics of them for him to share with you later).

4) The bunnies are doing well.  They are money pits, but they are fine.  Spike got a little sick last weekend, so now he is on precautionary antibiotics.  Sweetpea has been battling sores on her feet.  They aren't sores anymore (they never got quite that bad, to be fair), just bald, tender areas that I have to keep clean until the hair grows back.  I hope it does!  She won't wear booties well!  She's so needy, my dear handicapable bunny...but I love her so.

Soon!  I promise finished objects very soon!  Thanks for stopping by anyway!

EDITED: because there were WAY too many pictures.  I'm still figuring out this blogging thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!