Friday, May 20, 2011

Finished Packing

My yarn, that is. We have a couple more things for the suitcase and car yet. We are travelling to Seattle for my best friend's wedding. We have lots of reading, sight-seeing, and chatting planned. And of course I have lots of knitting planned, too!

The lovely yarn at right is Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Lettuce Leaf. It will be a Turmeric tunic. I think I can finish it in a week. I think. It's my treat for "finishing" Anhinga (just needs to be seamed, but since I can't wear it until fall anyway, I'll just wait on that task).

At left you'll find an old friend, newly wound. It is Shibui Knits Merino Kid. It left a funny little pile of that blue-green fuzz on the floor beneath my swift and winder as well as turning my fingers blue as it whirred through them. I wish I could really capture it's true color, but this is pretty close. Supposing I finish John's second sock on the trip (I will, but the cables are driving me a bit crazy), I'll start Larch with the Shibui.

I also have a slow-going shawl in the Fiber Optica I blogged about during Knit and Crochet Blog Week packed for the trip. It's gorgeous! I was going to share an in progress photo Wednesday, but my camera and camera cord were in two different places and the color wasn't quite right. Perhaps next week!

It's going to be a loooooong trip, but I think we'll have a lot of fun seeing the sights and hanging with dear friends and the like. :) Then we will have the summer to relax. After the busy, super stressful year we've both had, we deserve it!

We should have internet the whole way (go modern technology!), so I'm hoping we can share a few pictures of our journey as we enjoy it. Unfortunately, our bunnies can't come with us. I'm not sure who will be more devastated by our separation: us or the bunnies.

How about you? Are you going anywhere for the summer? Or are you blessed with the wonderful relaxation we covet over here (have some for us, will you)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!