Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Suggestion Box

I am in the middle of a sweater that may or may not be done by Friday, but my more pressing work-in-progress is finding a suitable project (or projects, most likely) for these:






That's right! I got my hands on some Brooklyn Tweed Loft for Christmas! The colors are magnificent! I would like to use the top three colors (Faded Quilt, Blanket Fort, and Fossil) together and I was considering using the red (Homemade Jam) and brown (Barn Owl) for a Selbu Modern, but I'm not married to the idea. John might get a pair of gloves out of the black (Cast Iron), but I think we were hoping for a dark grey more than black. Oh well. I'll just have to get more Loft. :D

What I might even do is just keep them and gradually acquire all the colors. Then I can decide what to do with them.

In the meantime, any pattern suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

For more WIP Wednesday posts, hop on over to Tami's blog!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that yarn is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you knit with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion is to put them in a display case and just stare at them for a while ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any great suggestions, but I'm totally jealous. There's not a single Jared Flood pattern that I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous colours! I do wish it was easier to order yarn from the states, but we get hit with import tax it isnt worth the worry - I have almost been tempted by Loft though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You think acquiring more colors would make it easier to decide? That's never worked for me! I certainly understand the temptation though - the yarn looks gorgeous and I can only imagine the squish factor and heathery goodness that it has in person.

    I'll keep an eye out for patterns...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are lovely little skeins. :D I might just have to frame them and hang them on the wall!

    Christine, I had read that Loop in London will be getting Brooklyn Tweed yarns, so you can probably order it there when they get it cheaper than from here. I can't have you going without it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!