Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's Summertime

Summertime means it's warm and warm means avoid the wool and avoiding the wool means next to no knitting is happening. But it must! I can't not knit and I committed to all six classes in the HPKCHC this month! I've started...three of them. That's actually not too bad! I just have to get my second top started and I should make it.

Anyway, it's Wednesday and I'm working on things and stuff and things. I'm too lazy to take decent photos of my knitting (you'll just have to trust that it exists), so I'll show you what else I'm working on in the meantime.


Last weekend, John and I picked some raspberries. John and his sister did most of the picking, really. And we have an entire pitcher full of raspberries to show for it! I love wild raspberries! It is not summer in Iowa unless I've gone out to pick some and them eaten all of them in various ways. :) Above is the tried and true raspberries on vanilla ice cream (Breyer's Homemade Vanilla is soooooo gooooood!). Below is an old favorite: raspberries with sugar on top. Mmmmm.


No muss and fuss here, just tasty raspberries. I also like raspberries in cereal. We are going to try raspberries in lemonade and on a strawberry pie with whipped cream. I just found a recipe for tarts in this month's Woman's Day, but we're running out of raspberries fast! What do you like to do with berries? We are definitely open to suggestions. :)

For some real WIP Wednesday posts, go over to Tami's blog!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the projects, you can do it! Also, those raspberries look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie. I love raspberry pie. I also have this recipe for a kuchen that calls for red raspberries, but it's good with black too. I'll make a copy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!