Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We're All Okay

I promise! Sweetpea was sick Friday (not that I had anything done to share anyway. She's fine now) and both knitting and work have been consuming my life all week. I won't keep you in the dark about my doings anymore, though. I'll show you my biggest project and next month's big plans.


This is a Still Light Tunic (I'm calling it You, Me, and the Moon). I had hoped to show it to you Friday, but I modified it and, while it's exactly how I wanted it when I figured the modifications, now that I can wear it, I don't think I like them. Unfortunately, I'll have to finish it (including washing and blocking it) in order to make the final decision whether to pick out the sewn bind-off or not. :P Wish me luck! If only have to add a few inches to the bottom, I'll be a very happy girl.


In other news, I have joined another KAL with luvinthemommyhood. We are doing a Summer Sweater KAL and I am making Michele Wang's Exeter from Brooklyn Tweed's Spring Thaw collection with the mill-spun polswarth-silk blend I bought in Illinois earlier this month. Look at that giant cake. It took me half an hour to wind! I'm super excited, but I can't cast on until next week. Too much other stuff to finish for the HPKCHC before Saturday!

I will definitely have something for you Friday. And I'll definitely be back on blogging-track next week. :) For more WIP Wednesday posts, head over to Tami's Amis and for more sweater patterns, click on the Summer Sweater button over nyah. =>

13 comments:

  1. oohh my goodness, that is going to be one lovely sweater. i can't wait to see it and your progress throughout the kal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see it fully finished XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M even impressed with it! Can't wait to show you!

      Delete
  3. That is one of my fave patterns right now and I cannot wait to see you knit it up! It's going to be gorgeous in that yarn! And I'll be dying to see pics of your Still Light. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for both, I can't even tell you! I can't wait to see you Something Silver in pink!

      Delete
  4. Wow that is and amazing pattern! The yarn looks lovely too. As for the above sweater, I hope that once it's all finished & blocked you love it! It look beautiful in the pic and with all the hard work and mods you made it would be a shame if you had to modify it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a process knitter. It's a joy to re-enjoy my yarn. :) Thankfully, I don't have to change anything but the length!

      Delete
  5. I gotta stop clicking on links to patterns! There are just too many awesome ones. Excited to see how that beautiful yarn works up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I spend hours on Ravelry. :S I have to look at everything!

      Delete
  6. KALs are so addictive! I'm in love with the colors you have been working with lately, they are such a pretty natural shade. I'm loving the look of that sweater so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so polar with my color choices. It's either bold or neutral. :) I'm loving anything off-white or grey lately (obviously).

      Delete
  7. That will be a beautiful tunic! I've also been really into greys lately because they're so versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!