Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Must Knit Faster

So there are only four and a half days left until the Olympics are over and my Ravellenic Games projects are going to be cutting it pretty close, I think. And school starts very soon, so I'll be down to one or two projects at a time for a while, too. I better get knitting!


Here's the left front of my Exeter. It looks totally weird, I know. It is. But it'll work out, I swear. Check out the pocket! I'm so stoked about it!


Here is my Avery, which will be done on time (unless I add more repeats, which I'm seriously considering).


And look! Little robot tooties! This will not be done on time, but even if it were, I suspect I'm going to have to redo the first mitten so that they are the same size and the first one isn't quite so messy. Folks, don't wait two years to do a second mitten. Just don't.


For more Summer Sweater KAL posts, go see Shannon and for more WIP Wednesday posts, go see Tami. I won't be back with outfit #3 because I suspect I am not going to get out of my pjs today. :) I have to get dressed to go to work tomorrow, though, so I'll see you then! In the meantime, go see what Eliza's mixed!

What are you working on?

P.S. Check out Jane's tutorial on picking up stitches while you're at luvinthemommyhood! Awesome!

20 comments:

  1. I'm definitely not going to be making the deadline, but sometimes that is how life works out. I think that my favorite WIP for this post would have to be Avery, I like the texture of the knit and the color is soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avery is winning me over too. :) I was iffy about it at first, but the bigger it gets, the more I love it!

      Delete
  2. OOhhh!!! Cannot wait to see the finished mittens! What a fun pattern and color combo. I am sure your gauge has changed over the past two years though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried it had, but it isn't the gauge as much as the fair isle skills, which I all but lacked a couple years ago. :S

      Delete
  3. you can do it! rah! rah!

    your exeter is going to be flippin' gorgeous. i can tell already. as to the avery, i've been contemplating pulling out my bind off and knitting up another repeat myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm soooo excited to finish Exeter. I'm seriously going to wear it every day this winter! You've sold me on extra repeats for Avery, then. :)

      Delete
  4. The cables are pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see it either. :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with finishing what you can for the Ravellenics, they all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at all of your wips! awesome!i absolutely looove the colours on your mittens. gah. so so cute!!!! knitting faster, and just having an extra set of arms that can ALWAYS knit while i do everything is a dream. it's a strange dream, and i would look weird. but it's a dream of mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! The finished mitten is super cute, so I can't wait to finally have a pair! I'd go for some extra arms too. :)

      Delete
  7. The robots are adorable! Love the Exeter, and the Avery. The pocket on Exeter is so cute and clever! I'm starting to have monogamy issues with my sweaters - I'm dying to cast on something new and fast! Maybe once I'm down to the sleeves on the raglan sweater, I'll let myself start something new. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are clever aren't they? I really want to start a new sweater, haha! I'll be good if you are. :)

      Delete
  8. You go girl! All your Wip's are looking fabulous!!! I'm way behind and have been stuck in garter limbo for what feels like eons..I gotta get a move on too :) here's to more hours in the day for knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been there. :S Yes! More hours please!

      Delete
  9. Bah, you're making me want to abandon my pickles to knit! Your WIPs look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could make decent pickles, I might be knitting less! I'll gladly make (and eat) your applesauce if you want to knit for me. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!