Friday, October 26, 2012

A Little Goodness

This week has been a really rough one. I'm loving that it's Friday so I can finally relax a little bit. I'm seaming Falling as you read this, so watch for it next Friday. Today, I'll just show you this totally awesome cake, which has kept me from dropping out of school a couple times this week. That and I won first prize in the Summer Sweater KAL Giveaway! I've never won anything in a blog giveaway and here I won more than I think I'll know what to do with! I'll show all the goodies when I get them. Promise.


This is a three-layer double chocolate cake with raspberry filling and vanilla meringue buttercream frosting (the frosting is the best part). Mmmmmm. The recipe is from bella eats. I followed the recipe, except in two places, where I didn't take a careful enough look at our pantry. Instead of 3 oz of semisweet chocolate, I used 2, and 1 oz of bittersweet. I also didn't have enough sugar to make the frosting, so I used the last 4-5 tbsp I had and subbed powdered sugar for the rest of the measurement. I don't know what difference it made, if any, but it is really, really good!


I don't bake very often, so this is real treat (and surprise that it's so delicious). Next time, I'll make it a sheet cake so I can share it with people. :)


Because this is already a really scattered post, I must tell you how much I love Halloween movies. Not the scary ones (there aren't any or I would love them), but the others ones, like Beetlejuice, Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Practical Magic, which I'm watching now. This movie always made me want to be a witch. And have a sister...oddly enough....John has never seen The Shining, so we are going to watch it tonight (over pizza and cake!). I'd love to know what your favorite Halloween movies are!

For some real FO Friday posts, check out Tami's Amis.

4 comments:

  1. How has he not seen The Shining? That is the second most scary movie I've ever seen (Blue Velvet definitely takes that prize). That is a very yummy cake! Knitting and baking are such good therapy aren't they? I hope this weekend is restful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure! I've seen it at least 4 times! Unfortunately, it isn't on Netflix, so we watched everyone's favorite zombie movie: Fido. :)

      Delete
  2. mmm that looks so yummy! adorable blog I love all the knitted things :) haha I love halloween movies also :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was delicious! Thank you so much! I don't understand people who don't like Halloween movies. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!