Monday, October 22, 2012

Nothing, Really

I've been trying to think of something to write about all day. I've got nothing. Or a whole lot of little nothings, like an obnoxious little fruit fly that keeps bothering me, the cake that has taken me hours and hours to bake and will continue into tomorrow because I don't have enough butter for the icing, my sadness that my favorite Real Housewives franchises are done for the season and I actually have to do homework, the pleasantly warm and stormy weather, my annoyance at having finished a predictable book after a really long time and not knowing what to read next, that I can't read Greek and watch Hulu at the same time because I need the computer for both and Netflix will just draw me away from my work completely....

I'm full of fun nothings. :) It's better than a big something, though.

This week is going to be nuts. Like last week. And the week before that. And the week before that. When will I get an easy week again? This cake is going to make my week so awesome, that I'm not even going to worry about it. I hope you don't need a cake to keep your week awesome. But who says you can't have some cake anyway, right?


2 comments:

  1. A little secret, I too try to balance work and Netflix at the same time, it doesn't always go well (unless I watch pretty awful, trashy shows). Lately I've had a lot of boring spreadsheet work that doesn't take a whole lot of attention so I've been listening to Podcasts which is awesome! That cake looks super yummy! I really hope you frosted it with chocolate too! Oh, and I'm currently sharing my apartment with a fruit fly too, it drives my kitty nuts. Try taking a jar or glass, make a piece of paper in the shape of a funnel, and put some kind of fruit remains in the jar. It is a trick I learned from genetics lab, they fly into the jar through the funnel and cannot figure out how to get out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!