Monday, July 22, 2013

My Corner Office


John is a very tidy person and I am not. I'm the kind of person who piles things up in corners until I find the energy to get around to sorting them and putting them away. These things are largely books for school and paperwork like bills and stuff. About a year ago John was kind enough to set up my desk for me in a place where I could get a lot of use out of it. I did. For a semester. After that it became a book and paperwork pile collector. He bought a bookshelf for me today and rearranged my little corner into a very nice workstation so that I can work on my dissertation in the coming weeks, months, and years. I love it! I just hope I can keep it tidy. :)


I've had a hard time finding a place where we could appreciate the terrarium. The white bookcase does a very nice job helping highlight its green insides.


John was secondly concerned that I have enough space to store some yarn because my stash has taken over much more of the corner of the living room than is allotted to it. The little black canvas box on the bottom shelf is perfect for some skeins that are fixin' To Be Knit Very Soon. I'll show those skeins to you Wednesday as they are quite related to the beginning of the Summer Sweater KAL. I will likely move my swift and ball winder down to my new work space too and try not to let all the knitterly goodness distract me from my school work...too much.


My knitting space has always been the space where I can see the tv best from the couch, but since John has been making more room in his den for his books and moving mine to other places in the house where I can get to them more easily, I've been thinking more about different knitting spaces, like a new one upstairs, right near my newly-homed knitting magazines and books in a big, comfy chair with a perfect view of the western horizon. What can I knit up there? I don't know! That's why I haven't knit up there yet! Something mindless yet dreamy, I think.

I've been dreaming of the perfect house a lot recently (the black and white composition book on my desk will be dedicated to those ideas) and knitting spots have definitely been a dominate thought. Do you have a dedicated crafting space in which you only do that craft? Or are you like me and just do it...wherever? A comfy chair in front of the tv? A window seat? A yarn room? I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

  1. I have two spots I can use, plus a room upstairs for storage. The downstairs has a living room and family room. I am the only one to use the living/computer desk (that no one uses) room most, so it has yarn, books, and projects in most every corner. The family room has a basket under the end table to hold projects and the TV where I can watch shows. Lately I have been using the computer to watch netflix more than the TV. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a basket of yarn under my end table too. Actually, your spots sound pretty much just like mine, now that I have a computer desk corner! I'm jealous that you have a whole room to your yarn and yourself, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, i like your corner! i think the terrarium looks fabulous on the bright white bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It gets too much sun, so I've replaced it with an orchid until I can find a shadier solution. :/

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!