Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy New Year!

School started today! I'm excited because I don't have to take classes anymore and can now devote most of my work-week to reading for and working on my dissertation. I feel like I have acres of free time, but I know that's not necessarily true. I'm sitting in on a class and assisting in teaching another that is very heavy on writing (and so, grading). I'm sure I'll still find plenty of time to knit. :)

I'm an academic, so the year starts for me here, in late August. I made a few resolutions at the beginning of the year and, I must say, I'm doing very well! They were: destash, give more projects away, buy more dresses and skirts, buy clothing in muted colors (not bright primaries), revamp the blog, and schedule more posts. I've done everything but the blogging stuff. I'm working on it, though.

New school year, new resolutions, yeah? Well, they aren't that different, really.

  • Continue to destash.
  • Finish all the WIPs (and become a touch more monogamous with my knitting projects--just a touch!).
  • Get rid of unflattering or ill-fitting clothing in the closet and replace with fitting and flattering options.
  • Wear heels more often.
  • Get better photos of older knitted garments as I pull them out to wear them.
  • Revamp the blog, pick topics to discuss on Mondays (not the usual rambling).
I just bought a few little memo books and jotted down notes to help me with two of these things, so let's see how it goes, yeah? How are you doing on your resolutions? If the answer is "not well," forget I asked. ;)


I can't write a post without a picture, so here is Teddy, looking a little fatter and spunkier than you last saw him. Part of my final resolution is getting the bunnies (and hopefully the fish, too) back on the blog. I'll see what I can do!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have a little lop who looks just like Teddy. Clearly you have great taste in rabbit, can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!