Monday, October 7, 2013

I'm Exhausted

I don't know about you, but for me, the last few weeks have been unrelenting. I was up until 4:30 this morning finishing the exam grading I had spent all day on. I felt tired, but on top of the game today, until I returned to my office with more stacks of grading to do and already behind in my Greek. I need to get it all done--the grading and the Greek--in two days for my sanity, my students, and my big plans for the weekend (during which I won't get shit done anyway).

"Play, Mom?"
On top of that, my messy house is driving me nuts. John is a housework workhorse and keeps up on cleaning impeccably. It's my turn to do my cleaning in my little corners and cubbies. I'm lazy and messy and lack stamina, so cleaning just isn't my thing. It used to take me a week to clean my small apartment because I had to do it in steps. I just didn't have the energy to do it all at once. Now that we have much more space, it takes me longer to tidy up even my own little portions of it. And there's always that pile of crap I don't know what to do with, so I just leave it. I hate that stupid pile!

Anyway, this rant is just to tell you that if it's been that kind of week for you already, too, I'm with you and I'm sorry. If you took the time to read my rant, I am sorry, but I'm also really thankful that you did. You readers of mine are mysterious, yet wonderful, amazing, and under-appreciated people whom I really do count as friends and care about a lot, though I don't say it enough. I'm glad you keep reading the crap I post. :)

Sweetpea understands
I'm sorry I never posted the promised FO. If I can get my shit together this week, I'll post it this Friday. I'm sorry I haven't been getting around to posting anything on time or anything interesting. Most days I'm lucky if I remember it's a blogging day! I'm sorry I haven't had any knits to share! That's infuriating! It's fixed this week. Right now, the only thing that makes me feel better is casting on a bunch of knits I've been dying to knit and throwing my WIPs aside. It's a temporary fix that will actually probably make me feel worse when I have increased my WIP pile to mountainous, but they'll all be bound-off eventually, right?

Okay, I feel a little better. I'm sorry I dumped it on you. I hope I didn't make your day as icky as mine! Knitting is one remedy, but here's the favorite in our house:

Bunny love!
Way too much about me. How are YOU? Please tell me you are knitting something fabulous. You deserve it!

2 comments:

  1. yikes! i'm sorry you had such a crap-tastic day! so frustrating! but do remember, this is your blog! you only have to give us FO's if you choose to! bunny pictures are 100% acceptable alternatives!

    i'm not a terribly tidy person, either, and i have that ever present pile of homeless crap that i don't know what to do with, too. some things that work for me: set a timer going for 15 minutes, and clean/tidy for until it rings. 15 minutes isn't too bad at all. and usually when it rings, i think 'well, i'll just finish this task, then', and i actually get like 20 minutes out of myself. that pile of homeless crap? put it somewhere conspicuous. a table, a counter. not in the way, but visible. everytime you pass it, grab one item, and find a damn home for it. it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be away.

    hope your mood has improved! hope that maybe helped a little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eliza! I just needed a day to veg and not do anything (after I had done a few important things). These are excellent ideas! I'll give them a try. I suspect that if I make a schedule and stick to it, I'll be able to find time and energy for everything, but that's been pretty hard this fall so far. :P

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!