Friday, March 21, 2014

Mittens at Last!

Vilja Mittens


Pattern: LINDEN Mittens by Jane Richmond
Yarn: Knitlob's Lair Louhitar in Vilja
Needles: US 1
Project Page

I received this yarn in a swap of sorts and suddenly realized I don't knit with sport weight yarn very often. I had no idea what do with it! Mittens were the solution, I decided, as Eliza posted some of hergreat finds. Then, Jane Richmond published this mitten pattern and announced a knit-along. I'm in! I've been pining for my own pair of warm mittens or gloves all winter. :P


These are amazing! I fitted them nice and tight, so they will be highly functional mittens and super warm (I hate floppy mittens :P). The only modification I made was to shorten the hand about an inch before the final decreases. I have short fingers.

The yarn is a Finnish yarn that doesn't seem to be available in the States. It's made of 100% Finnish wool and I'm crazy about it! Anyone who loves woolly wool would love it. It's stout and slightly coarse like woolly wool, but also soft and slightly fuzzy. I should have enough left from these mittens for some fingerless mitts now that spring seems to have decided it's going to come around after all.

I'm going to cast on another pair of Linden Mittens this weekend out of cotton fingering yarn. I'm excited to see how they turn out. Then, I'll be set for next winter. :) Or the onset of the next Ice Age. Whatevs.


For more FO Friday posts, visit Tami's Amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!