Monday, March 31, 2014

The Deets

Tomorrow's April! Crazy, right? Spring is finally rubbing the snowy sleep out of her eyes here, so I have been doing somewhat springy things around the house, some of which I showed you last week. When I'm trapped inside all winter long, I create cluttered areas where I spend all my time. Naturally, the futon and surrounding area is the worst because that's where I knit, grade, watch tv, eat, and generally spend about 75% of my day! The bulk of my clutter is knitting stuff--surprise, surprise--so now it's time to take care of that.


Wednesday, I'm kicking off the Spring Cleaning Knit-Along right here on Bunnies and Bettas. I want you to spring clean with me! Pick up an old work-in-progress or pull some forgotten yarn out of your stash and let's make some things, yeah? Knit or crochet, new or ancient WIP, fresh or stale stash: doesn't matter! Let's just move it right along and clean up around here a little bit!


We'll start Wednesday, April 2nd and wrap it up on Wednesday, April 30th. Drop in or out as you desire. I'll post my KAL progress every Wednesday this month and I encourage you to do the same! Drop links to your blog posts on the comments, chat about your projects there, and use the tag springcleaningkal on Ravelry, Instagram, and Twitter to see everyone else is working on.


Finally, I have lined up some prizes for participants, which I'll give away at the end of the KAL. If you are a vendor of any crafty goods and want to get involved in the giveaway, let me know!

I've been thinking long and hard about what to focus on finishing this month. It's going to be tough to decide. I have two socks that need mates, two sweaters that are half-finished and perfect for spring, two shawls that are more than halfway done, and a tank top that needs straps. Can I do them all in a month? Well, I can try, right? I'll try to decide by Wednesday. :)

12 comments:

  1. Looks promising! And what a coincidence - I had just picked up a project I left off in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I really want to finish a shawl and a jumper before winter starts in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've cleaned up all those boxes full of leftovers and needles. What a mess it all was! I'm going to pull out a Vivian that I started back in 2008, and see if I can it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! What a great idea. I have a few things to finish -- an Aranami shawl, a cat for my little guy, and a sweater that needs sleeves. Not to mention an afghan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm not the only one with a million WIPs, haha. I don't know how you can stand to put your cute little guy down long enough to knit, though. :)

      Delete
  5. How inspiring! I could sure use this motivation! Thanks for the clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, exciting! i spent the first week in april finishing up some languishing socks! FO post soon! and i'm scrap busting some more... can't wait to see what you finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching you scrap bust and I am tres impressed!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!