Friday, October 19, 2012

Love for Everybun

I often forget to thank you profusely for reading my blog and leaving such heart-warming comments. Grad school leaves a lot of room for wondering what the hell is going on, but I can always count on my bloggy friends to be there posting, reading, and/or commenting. You're so wonderful!

That's the important part of this post. Here is a less important one:

Mug Sweater


Pattern: Mug and French Press Jacket by MK Carroll
Yarn: Berroco Vintage in Smoke
Needles: US 7 or 8 (they are really more of a 7.5)
Project Page

This is just silly, really. I wanted to use up some leftover yarn and the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup Quidditch challenge was to knit or crochet either food or food cozies. I had fallen in love with the pattern photo of this cozy just days before, so I knit it.

The pattern I used was really, really terrible, but it has been updated and looks miles better than it did. The cozy itself still doesn't look quite right to me, but it's a flippin' mug cozy! I'm not going to get too cerebral about it. I wish it had used a bit more yarn because now I might be compelled to knit another one, but I will spare you a post about it, I promise.

I'm going to try to finish Falling next week because I've got a really big sample knit coming next week and I need to finish a lot of my own knits. I hope I'll be able to do a little introduction to the book I'll be knitting from. I've been in love with it for a couple months now and finally get to knit from it!

In other news, John took this photo of the bunnies today while he was rearranging the living room. I would tell you what we think actually happened, but it would ruin what looks like a lot of bunny love. :D


For more FO Friday posts, go to Tami's Amis! Oh! And since I'll be studying pretty much all weekend (with a bit of cake-baking thrown in), I'm dying to know what you guys have planned for the weekend. I have to live vicariously, you know.

5 comments:

  1. I always love hearing about what's going on in your life! It is especially nice to have someone else who is going through the same challenges as I am (ever have those grad school days where you've never felt that ignorant before in your life? I sure do!). I think that is a damn fine mug cosy! Any way that you can use up yarn and make something unique and beautiful is good. I definitely cannot wait to see falling finished! It definitely looks like a bunny fight was occurring and then they do that thing cats do where they just suddenly fall asleep in mid-tussle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is refreshing, isn't it? I like reading your posts for the same reason! It was a one-sided bunny fight (she was trying to hump him) which ended with Sweetpea's predictable lack of balance, getting her stuck in the corner of the litter box. :)I am booking it on Falling, so you should see it Friday!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!! The buns! So cute. And your project is adorable too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I'm only keeping them (mug cozy included) because they are so cute. :D

      Delete
  3. OOooh, I think I know what happened with those buns... *winkwink*

    By which I mean, one found a cosy spot to take a snooze in and the other decided to squeeze into the same space for the same reason. Ours used to do that all the time, we'd come home to find two rather large bunnies squished into their sleeping pen, looking like they had fallen asleep while trying to fuse into one giant ball of furry bunnyness. Silly animals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!