Monday, October 8, 2012

We Survived

I survived Midterms. Barely. Well, almost. I still have a stack of grading to get through and a little bit of Greek to catch up on, but I should be back on track by the end of the week. That explains the blog silence as of late. I haven't even been reading all of your blogs! I'll catch up, promise.

This weekend, John survived the Chicago Marathon. It was my first time and his third and we both had a blast! I should note that I didn't run. I just watched, but I feel like I ran it! My legs are so sore from traipsing around Chicago! I shouldn't complain. I didn't walk anywhere close to 26.2 miles.

Here are some photos.






I had so much fun taking pictures of people running. If I could get away with taking pictures of random people on the street, I'd absolutely do it. I feel like a marathon is just good cover for anonymous photos. I got to see a lot of Chicago in a few short days and I loved every second of it! I wish I had gotten more knitting done, but I wouldn't give anything up for a few more rows!

I'm hoping to get my schedule back together well enough to post some knitting progress for you Wednesday. I've got a pretty FO for Friday, too. I'll have to find some sun for a photo-shoot. I hope you all have had a great week and a lovely weekend! I know I was bundled up in my hand-knits, so fall has officially come. It sure is pretty....

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see what FOs you have! I've been having the same problem lately, I have FOs, just not good enough light to properly photograph them in. I also know how you feel grad school-wise, I've been overwhelmed too (why is there always another paper to read?). I'm glad to hear you have been well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time you're in chicago, let me know! we could do coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely will! I was thisclose to seeing if you'd come meet me, but I didn't want to ask you to brave downtown during the marathon! Next time. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!