Friday, October 12, 2012

Pink?

I forgot to post Wednesday. I feel pretty bad about it too, because I have some cool new stuff to share, but I suppose it will be in a more-shareable state next week, so it's not a complete loss. I hope you will accept a bunny photo as an apology. :)

Dromeda


Pattern: Henslowe by Beth King
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Lepidoptra
Needles: US 4
Project Page

I received this yarn as a gift. I had my choice of colors and, believe it or not, I chose this pink one! I haven't liked pink...ever. But now that Madtosh is in my life, I like pink a lot. You'll recall that I made a pink scarf this spring. Also Madtosh.

This pattern was pretty awesome. It's simple, though it seemed to take a very long time. If I were to do it again, I might go to the trouble of figuring out how to do it top-down. I don't like that my cast-off is looser than where I picked up the lace edging. I know some have remedied the tight pick-ups by doing a double yarn-over at the beginning of those rows. Smart!

Tosh Sock only has 395 yards, so I had to modify the pattern to suit my consumption. I read the notes on every project that used Tosh Sock and decided to do 3 Roman Stripes instead of 4 before the knitted-on edging. I also didn't do any extra garter rows between the last Roman Stripe and the edging. I could have gotten away with maybe two.

I need to block it again to get the lace to really expand. I don't have enough blocking pins, so I may have to do it in stages. You may be able to tell the lace edging is every-so-slightly ruffled. I know it will be gorgeous because I fall in love with every photo I see of this shawl, but right now, mine is not at its loveliest. I'll tell you this, though, it fells like a dream! I can't believe how soft and silky it is after its bath! I have a Tosh Sock sweater that I don't think is quite this wonderfully soft.

How have you been? I've seen a lot of zombies walking around on campus (not literal zombies, I was gone the weekend they came through town) and I know I've been one of them for the past two weeks. I've got to snap out of it! Hopefully you've all been well, too. There's some dreadfully icky stuff going around in my area. :P

Stay safe and well and stress-free! Here's a bunny to help.


Don't mind his disapproving look. He really loves you. We think. There are more FO Friday posts at Tami's Amis!

9 comments:

  1. Love the color! And that bunny *totally* helps. His nose is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a busy nose! Bunnies are very helpful, let me tell you. ;)

      Delete
  2. ooooh, a disapproving bunny! Now my day is perfect :-)

    That is a lovely shawl, and a lovely color. I love those vivid colors in winter, when everything is so drab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad my bunnies can be of service. :) Thanks! I'm excited to wear it in the color-draining snow!

      Delete
  3. I think that MadTosh has the unique ability to make one like ANY color simply because they do color so well. I can only imagine how soft and comfy that shawl must be, good thing it's Fall! I've definitely been a zombie lately, the weekend came at just the right time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is absolutely true! It is super soft and comfy. I wish it were a little longer....Next time. I actually thought today (Saturday) was Wednesday for some reason. Good thing I was wrong!

      Delete
  4. Lovely work. MadTosh is gorgeous. Cute bunny. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's prettttttty. i know what you mean, i love every picture i see of the henslowe. i've been very casually working on one, and it's pretty slow-going....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this shawl is gorgeous! Love it! I've recently started knitting with Madelinetosh too...it changes your life ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!