Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Quickly

I've been procrastinating for two days straight, so I'll write this speedily and get going on things that must be done! Unfortunately, I don't have much to show you, but that's because (fortunately), I've been finishing things left and right! I'm resisting the urge to cast on some little mitts until I'm done with my sample sweater, which just needs sleeves and pockets. I did start on this today, though:


I'm sure I posted about it a million years ago (i.e., this summer), but I never showed you the finished Still Light Tunic because I didn't like it. You can see it on my project page, if you want. It's not long enough, so I'm tearing out a few inches, adding stitches to cover my butt, and lengthening it to dress-/tunic-length. It might be fun to wear for Christmas or New Year's, so I figured why not now? Shouldn't take long. Tearing out a sewn bind-off from hundreds of little fingering weight alpaca stitches is really not my idea of fun, however. I'll bet frogging it is going to be a nightmare too....

How's your knitting going? Are you Christmas knitting, finishing, selfish knitting, or just too damn busy to knit? I'll tell you what, I don't often let that stop me. ;)

For more WIP Wednesday posts, go to Tami's Amis!

8 comments:

  1. Wow..ripping back woud be a nightmare for me..I can never seem to pick back up the stitches..and end up frogging...yeah, another nightmare.. Good luck..hopefully it will go well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely an art to it. It took me many froggings to figure it out. What you can't see is the stitches on the needle a few inches from the ribbing. Thanks for the well-wishes! I will need them!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for finishing things! Casting on is a great incentive to finishing the sleeves and pockets on your sample sweater. I hope it goes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to set it aside for school (:P), but now that I'm totally on vacation, I'm flying through the sweater!

      Delete
  3. I really love that photo, it is perfect in almost every way. I need to know your secret to knitting during grad school, seriously, I'm failing at it! I'm excited to see how you recreate that sweater, if anyone has the patience to do it, you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't know how else to photograph frogging. :) My secret is that sometimes school gets the boot for sanity's sake. It didn't work finals week because knitting put a wrench in my school schedule...but now I can knit my heart out!

      Delete
  4. The tunic is gorgeous, I'm sure it will be perfect once you added a couple of rows! I'm still Christmas knitting (half a sock, half a hat and some ornaments to go...) but I still have plenty of time left. Last year I started knitting the last hat on Christmas eve :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have loved it since I first saw it. There's always time! Knit a few more things! Just in case. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!