Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tucking In

I started a project that I may regret. I'm going to try to finish it in a month and then do a similar scarf for John.


After that, I suppose I will never knit herringbone again....It's really pretty, though, isn't it? Of course the color of the yarn doesn't hurt at all. It's Mallard on Tanis Fiber Arts' Pink Label Lace Weight (oh gosh, she has some gorgeous, gorgeous colors and yarns!). I won it about a year and a half ago and just haven't known what to do with it. Picking a light-weight scarf pattern for John helped me decide. We are both getting herringbone scarves for spring. :) mine first, of course. His will be knit length-wise and I just want to put that off as long as possible.

So far, the herringbone has been fun. It's neat to see the stitches racing back and forth. We'll see how I feel about it after 60 more inches or so.

Are you working on any tedious knits? What about fun ones you can't tear yourself away from? Mindless knits? Tell me what's on your needles and how you feel about it.

For more WIP Wednesday posts, go to Tami's Amis (she's actually back this week ;])!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo that does look pretty! (And pretty tedious!) I'm interested to see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only take Herringbone in small doses. Good luck to progressing with your project. I have a cabled shawl that has been in the works 6 months now. But set aside for deadline knitting. Must get back to it. Or determine to only work on it while at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, herringbone. So pretty but so mind-numbing! My current tedious knit is a tight-gauge jacket. Fun knit is a mindless sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be totally amazing when it's done. I've never knit a herringbone pattern like that, but if it's anything like seed stitch (my nemesis), I can imagine that it would be a bit tedious :) Right now, I'm knitting Idlewood which is a whole lot of stockinette, but I don't mind it that much because I can zone out and watch TV.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!